Sunday, July 20, 2008

Snowboarding vs wakeboarding: A lesson in perseverance (and discipline) Part II

This winter I had the privilege of going to the snow again. This time I spent a whole week snowboarding, compared to the two days last year. I also went for lessons. Can I just say OMGOSH!! I LOVE SNOWBOARDING!?##$@!! :-)

My snowboarding ability is now at a point where I can enjoy doing runs without falling unnecessarily while controlling my turns and my direction. Last year I could only go down the mountain ‘heel side falling leaf’. This year, I can go down the mountain heel and toe side falling leaf and turn from toe-to-heel both goofy and fakie. Heehee… (I’m learning the snowboarding lingo).

I love snowboarding!!!

If there’s going to be one indulgence in my life I think it will be trips to the snow every ski season.

There are various reasons why I enjoyed myself so much more this year. Firstly, I’m in a much better physical, emotional and mental state this year than last. After my snowboarding trip last year I said I’d train up for my next trip to the snow (see July 2007 post). So, true to my word I went running 2-3 times a week in the month leading up to my 2008 trip. I did stairs, push ups, sit ups, ate vitamins and had a high protein diet. The efforts paid off.

Sorry wakeboarding, snowboarding has just surpassed you in enjoyment and priority. Next year, God willing, I’ll go to the snow again. My 2009 goal – Learn how to turn heel-to-toe fakie then learn how to jump!!!

No mangled and maimed body this year. Just happy memories and a smile on my face.

2 comments:

Isaiah said...

Ms Chew!! wat's up! long time no see =)

Anonymous said...

hey gal,

sounds like it was a lot of fun and a lot of discipline in building up yr physique for it!
Take care of yrself and see ya soon!