Saturday, January 27, 2007

Some things that I will miss...

The reality of me leaving Singapore to start a new chapter of my life in Sydney is taking a while to set in. No doubt many new challenges will come my way in the months to come. But for now, I'm content to just take things one day at a time, making the wisest decisions I can for each day.

Some things I know I'll miss dearly when I'm gone are:

1. My family - As much as I yearn for my independence and as much as I appreciate living on my own, doing my own thang, I know my family will always be "home" and the people/place I seek comfort in.

2. THE FOOD!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! THE FOOD!!!! - I eat and eat and eat. I LURVE eating! Goodbye Char Quay Tiow, Roti Prata, Nasi Lemak, Mee Rubus, Fish Bee Hoon, You Tiao, Hokkien Mee, Sambal Stingray, Chilli Crab, Ba Chor Mee, Chee Quay oh my gosh I could go on...

3. The PUNJers/ARPC - PUNJ has been so much a part of my life the past 6/7 years. PUNJ has been instrumental in my growth as a Christian. Praise God for how faithfully His Word is taught there, with godly leaders setting very good examples.

4. My friends - The close ones and the not so close ones... You know how there are some people that you're not that close to, in the sense that you don't meet up regularly or share your life intimately with, but they're still people that you treasure? Close acquaintances I call them. I'm gonna miss everyone.

5. The kids that I've had the privilege of teaching over the past year and a half - Man, what makes me sad is that I may never see these kids again. They grow up, leave school and start a life of their own. Hopefully I'd have made some sort of positive impact on them. There were many frustrating moments and times when I questioned why I did what I did (leaving the law and pursuing teaching). But its been a tremendously fulfilling time and I've learnt SO much. Sometimes I wonder whether its the kids or I that have benefited from my teaching stint.

6. The familiarity of home (and by home I mean Singapore) - Its hard leaving a place you've lived in for most of your life. And depending of what God has in store for my future, I may or may not come back.

There are probably a million other things I'll miss but won't know it till I'm in Sydney. So I'll leave it at that.

I now have about three weeks to prepare myself for what lies ahead. There are so many things to do, and so many people I want to meet up with to say bye. I hope I'll have the time...

2 comments:

thechias said...

Hey gal! May Hsin here... are you still bunking with us? We welcome you... yeah... i'm missing family, friends and food. How's the 'celebration' for your departure? Roger says that we should have a 'moaning' party here in Sydney. So mean hor...

elliot said...

wah never miss me right??! HUMPHH!!


*whimper*